Here’s a look back at J.C. Penny Co. in 1962 located at 347 W. Main Street in downtown Clarksburg. The store was built on the former site of the Arcade Building, which was destroyed by a fire in 1957.
After Penny’s moved out of downtown, Hope Gas Inc. and Dominion occupied the building for many years. Today, the building is home to the Department of Defense’s Biometrics Identity Management Agency.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.